#lampandlight Day 13

by 8:46 AM 0 comments
I have to thank my prayer warriors.  A few days ago I posted on Facebook that I was struggling with something and wasn't sure what God was calling me to do.  I posted this on my Facebook profile: "If you can see this please pick a number between 1 and 1,138 - go high or low. Then say a prayer for me. I'm wrestling with something tonight."

For each number my friends gave me, I read that page in my bible.  I felt like I need to bounce around and see what God had for me.  It felt great and I gleaned some real perspective from what I was reading.  I could tell my friends had been praying for me because I felt a clearer understanding of what I was supposed to do.  I made my decision that I was being called and now it's up to God to put the rest of the pieces into place.  Vague?  Yes.  I don't want to run around pretending like I know what God has in store for me.  I will wait patiently for the Lord's will and His perfect timing no matter what He has planned!

Day 13 | Isaiah 37-39

What I found incredibly profound in Ch. 37 & 38 today was that King Hezekiah made a very direct prayer to God, asking Him for very specific answers.  Did a booming voice come down from the heavens?  No.  Did an angel appear with the response?  No.  The answer came through Isaiah!  Another human being who was listening to God all the time.  I cannot tell you how many times I have prayed for a specific response from God and the answer came from another person that God chose to speak to me through!  Often, I'm not sure they even know that God's doing it.  We'll be chatting together and they'll simply blurt out exactly what I needed to hear!  God's a funny, funny guy that way.

About today's picture: 
Dandelion seeds are a symbol for miscarriage; many of my bereaved friends and I have clung to that imagery in memory of our lost little ones.  I mentioned to a friend yesterday that when I highlight my bible it bleeds through a little bit. She suggested using a crayon instead. The only yellow crayon I could find in our bag of misc. crayons was a big fat (toddler size) one and it was really hard to get the color on the line I wanted. So this morning I dug out some of the extra (almost new) crayons we had and picked one out that I thought would show up really well. Look what color it was....

Jodi @ God Still Speaks

Head Writer

Boy mom of three. Married to the same man since 2002. Former working mom turned stay-at-home mom. I love my faith, family, and coffee.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests to made known to God. — Philippians 4:6