#lampandlight Days 10-12

by 9:53 AM 0 comments
What a busy, wonderful, bittersweet weekend!  I didn't blog because we had so many things happening and I had to carefully use my minutes to meet my family's needs.  I did read my bible all weekend!  :)  It wasn't easy and on Saturday I think I only got one chapter read - but the point was to READ and I managed to at least do that.

Mother's Day is terribly bittersweet around here.  I have several friends and extended family members who have lost their mothers, some lost them quite young.  By nature of my own loss, I have befriended many women who have struggled with infertility, miscarriage, infant death, stillbirth... as you can imagine the level of grieving on Mother's Day is indescribable! I prayed for them on Mother's Day, that despite the sadness there would be incredibly sweet, comforting moments as well.  Laughter through the tears! 

Days 10-12 Isaiah 28-36


I'm just going to give you the verses that struck me this weekend.  I encourage you to read the full chapters and be blessed by the context just as I was!

Isaiah 28:16 ...In it I am putting a solid cornerstone on which are written the words 'Faith that is firm is also patient'.  JESUS IS OUR CORNERSTONE!

Isaiah 29:13 The Lord said, "These people claim to worship me, but their words are meaningless, and their hearts are somewhere else.  Their religion is nothing but human rules and traditions, which they have simply memorized.  THIS IS WHERE MANY OF US FIND OUR RELIGIONS BECAUSE WE DON'T HAVE A RELATIONSHIP WITH JESUS CHRIST!

Isaiah 30:15 The Sovereign lord, the Holy One of Israel, says to the people, "Come back and quietly trust in me.  Then you will be strong and secure..."  WE CANNOT STAND ON OUR OWN STRENGTH AND UNDERSTANDING, WE MUST TRUST IN GOD!

Isaiah 30:20 The Lord will make you go through hard times, but he himself will be there to teach you, and you will not have to search for him anymore." MY EXPERIENCE HAS FOUND THIS TO BE 100% TRUE!!

Isaiah 36 - The whole point of this chapter was that the people were listening to a leader who was steering them in the wrong direction.  He told them lies and half truths and they listened willingly.  When the prophets came to tell them the truth, the people didn't listen.  Sadly, our world is in that place once more!




Jodi @ God Still Speaks

Head Writer

Boy mom of three. Married to the same man since 2002. Former working mom turned stay-at-home mom. I love my faith, family, and coffee.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests to made known to God. — Philippians 4:6