Moving Forward In Christ

by 7:52 AM 0 comments
We started our blessings list yesterday.  I'm so excited about doing this because it has really been a huge blessing to some folks I hold near and dear to my heart.  You simple take a sheet of paper and each day jot down your blessings.  If you skip a day or two, that's OK.  Maybe you only want to write down the big ones.  It's your blessings list, you can keep it however you want to.  Personally, I'm striving for at least one blessing for each day!

New Years Day ushers in New Year resolutions for most of us.  I haven't made a resolution in several years because things change so quickly around here over the course of 12 months.  I don't know if I consider this a resolution, but I am striving to focus in more directly on Jesus filling my life.  I have said before that when I'm striving toward Jesus, everything else falls into place.  When the devil attacks, I know I'm on the right path.  During those attacks I have to buckle down, intentionally choose joy, and seek out how God would have me respond.

A member of my extended family told me about a bible she recently started reading.  It was NIV translation in chronological order with historical commentary.  She new I'd be a fan.  I haven't been able to grab the bible yet, but it did inspire to me seek out a bible study in my YouVersion App. If you are interested in which one it is, check out "Reading God's Story: One-Year Chronological Plan". I firmly believe that if I purpose to get closer to Jesus, I need to be reading my bible intentionally, praying intentionally, and reacting to the world around me intentionally.  In a half sleep state one night, I was thinking about how nice it would be to just sit with Jesus and have a conversation.  Get His perspective on everything I have going on and get some answers to a few questions.  Then I realized, that's what our bibles are for.  I believe that it is the living Word of God and if I read it with a prayerful heart, the Holy Spirit will illuminate those answers for me.

Will you join me in a purposeful chase after Jesus this year?  What reading plans or devotionals do you love and recommend?  What does your blessings list look like?


Jodi @ God Still Speaks

Head Writer

Boy mom of three. Married to the same man since 2002. Former working mom turned stay-at-home mom. I love my faith, family, and coffee.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests to made known to God. — Philippians 4:6