Morning Friends!

by 5:48 AM 0 comments
My house is abnormally quiet this morning for 7:30 am on a Wednesday.  Baby C's Momma is running a little late this morning, my big and little kid are still sound asleep, plus my poor husband hasn't quite come to grips with the fact that he has to get out of bed and go to class.  Meanwhile, I'm enjoying the sounds of nothing but my dryer running and my fingers on this keyboard.  The sickness that's been keeping away from the blog is finally subsiding thanks to the prescription my doctor gave me!  It's funny how different things are when you don't feel quite so ill all the time.  I'm thankful God led me toward a team of doctors who take very good care of me and have never dismissed a symptom or concern that I've had - not once in six years!

Today's Devotions


Remember, A Modern Mrs. and I are posting devotions for you each week and giving you our own spin on them!  You can visit my devotions here and then make sure you go check out her devotions here.

Deuteronomy 30:20 (GNT)
Love the Lord your God, obey him and be faithful to him, and then you and your descendants will live long in the land that he promised to give your ancestors, Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob.”

Romans 12:2 (GNT)
Do not conform yourselves to the standards of this world, but let God transform you inwardly by a complete change of your mind. Then you will be able to know the will of God—what is good and is pleasing to him and is perfect.

What this says to me is that our actions elicit specific responses from our Creator.  This was true in both the  new and old testaments.  When you chase after Christ, He restores a relationship between us and our Creator.  We were separated by sin. but through the sacrifice of Jesus on the cross, we can walk closely with God.  This should cause a desire in us to love, obey, be faithful;  which then allows God to transform out hearts!

Jodi @ God Still Speaks

Head Writer

Boy mom of three. Married to the same man since 2002. Former working mom turned stay-at-home mom. I love my faith, family, and coffee.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests to made known to God. — Philippians 4:6