Prayerful Friends

by 9:56 AM 0 comments
No Hell for me, thanks!  I'm already too hot and I'm only in North Texas!  We're quickly approaching our first 100° days of the summer; this is when I get most uncomfortable.  I wish we had an electric-included apartment where you can crank the air conditioner down into the 60's and just bask in the frigid, but alas we have our own home with an electric bill to pay.  So for now, I'll have to make do with what we have, and even though it's not great I thank God for our central AC and two smaller window units to keep us cooler in here than we would be out there.


I know I've written many times about prayerful friends, and how they really can change a life.  Over the last few months, several of us have really come under attack.  There have been many health related issues, some have been financial, all of them have an effect on the spiritual.  Knowing that I have friends who will pray diligently for me, and I pray diligently for them in return, is incredibly powerful.  You see, we serve a huge God who can do anything.  Ephesians 3:20 comes to mind which says "[God can do] immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us..."

When things get hard or seem hopeless I always am reminded of that verse.  Of the miracles God has already done in our lives, and put my hope in the miracles still to be done.  God has made many promises to us, one of them being that he will never leave or forsake us. I read a quote from Christian rapper Lecrae that says "God is never late; we're just impatient."  Isn't that brutally honest!  When I put my dependence on God's ability instead of my own, He has never failed us.  When I try to rely on human understanding and ability, I'm setting myself up for completely failure and disappointment.  Thank God that even when I do that, He'll still come and make something beautiful out of my mess!  He's like a glass of ice cold tea on a hot day.


Jodi @ God Still Speaks

Head Writer

Boy mom of three. Married to the same man since 2002. Former working mom turned stay-at-home mom. I love my faith, family, and coffee.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests to made known to God. — Philippians 4:6