Advent 12/16

by 9:21 AM 0 comments
All items in blue are from Carrie Pratt's Mentor Mom's materials and are used here with permission.

Today may be my most rushed day of the whole season.  I am pacing myself and not letting myself be consumed.  In the midst of that, I got to spend a few minutes chatting with a friend while I made fudge.  Now that I've had a chance to catch up on some things, I'm going to grab #3 son from his nap and load up for our next thing - WITNESSING OUR FRIEND'S ADOPTION!  We're so excited and thrilled for the Bright family finally being official.

Family Scripture Reading: 

Psalm 16:11

"You make known to me the path of life; You will fill me with JOY in Your presence, with eternal pleasures at Your right hand."

Family Discussion Suggestion: 

Discuss how encouraging it is to know that we can fully develop into the person God designed us to be if we simply follow His lead. We do this by "being in His presence" that is, spending time with God through reading Scripture and prayer. There is JOY and Eternal Life through Jesus Christ, our Lord and Savior.

Advent Activity: 

Candy Cane Gifts

Encourage your child to spread Christmas Joy by giving their classmates or friends a Candy Cane Gift with a personal note from them. You can share the story of The Symbolism of the Candy Cane (posted below) with your children and enjoy a candy cane together.









Jodi @ God Still Speaks

Head Writer

Boy mom of three. Married to the same man since 2002. Former working mom turned stay-at-home mom. I love my faith, family, and coffee.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests to made known to God. — Philippians 4:6