#lampandlight Day 17

by 9:43 AM 0 comments
After a busy day, I slept HARD!!  The kind where you're asleep the instant you get comfortable and next thing you know it's well into the next morning.  Those kinds of sleep are rare for me, but I'm thankful that the kids were worn out too. Today isn't a normal Saturday since our roommate, who we've loved hosting, is moving out today.  It's bittersweet, but I'm focusing on the positives.  She's excited about the future and I'm looking forward to not having to be as mindful about what I'm wearing.  =D

Day 17| Isaiah 49-51


This morning's reading was about God comforting his people and calling them to do what he's asked them to.  Will I recognize that God will give me the strength to carry his message or will I decide I'm not able (which I'm not) and throw in the towel?  You know that phrase "God will never give you more than you can handle?"  THAT'S NOT TRUE!  God will give you more than you could ever handle on your own to make you aware of and dependent upon His strength, grace and mercy.

Isaiah 49:15-16 So the Lord answers, 'Can a woman forget her own baby and not love the child she bore?  Even  if a mother should forget her child, I will never forget you.  Jerusalem, I can never forget you!  I have written your name on the palms of my hands.'

What do you write on your hands?  Important things, right?  Things you want to keep HAND-y.  LOL - I still crack myself up!!

Isaiah 49:23 ... Then you will know that I am the Lord; no one who waits for my help will be disappointed.

I have never called on God and waited on His reply and found myself still in need or something!  I don't always get what I want, because sometimes I want things that are not part of God's plan for my life (like loosing the babies).  But I call out to him in my mourning and he has met each need in abundance!

Isaiah 50:4 The Sovereign Lord has taught me what to say, so that I can strengthen the weary.  Every morning he makes me eager to hear what he is going to teach me.

I have found this to be sooooooo true!  Each morning I am eager to dig into the bible and read what God has to say to me today.  I don't always feel up to blogging about it, but I also know that by sharing how God's word affects me, maybe it will encourage you to read the bible regularly as well.

As far as Ch. 51 - how does that affect me?  Well, that's a chapter about comforting Jerusalem and I suggest you read that one for yourself.  =D



Jodi @ God Still Speaks

Head Writer

Boy mom of three. Married to the same man since 2002. Former working mom turned stay-at-home mom. I love my faith, family, and coffee.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests to made known to God. — Philippians 4:6