Extra! Extra! Read All About It!

by 7:43 AM 2 comments

Welcome Baby Nolan!

First of all, congratulations to my friend Christa who welcomed son Nolan into the world yesterday!  Adelynn is officially a big sister in glory now!  I'm so excited for them to have their rainbow baby AND to have been a prayer warrior throughout her pregnancy (especially during the delivery).  It's an honor and a privilege I do not take lightly.  My heart is just bursting with joy for them!  My cup runneth over and is puddling on the floor.

Our Mystery News

You may be a little disappointed to know that there is not much I can tell you yet because I don't have all of the details myself.  As I chatted with my friend Jessica yesterday I was telling her the organization my dear husband (DH) currently works for will be downsizing in August so the hunt is on for a new position. Of course, if you've ever been in that situation you know the stress and anxiety that comes along with it.  Jessica and I hadn't finished talking yet when I got a text from my husband with good news about that VERY topic.  That's why we were so impressed with God, laughing and praising most of the afternoon.

Here's what we know so far (that I feel comfortable sharing)....
DH has a varied background between the USMC and civilian world that pairs nicely with his budding electrical engineering education (he's about 1/2 way through is Associates).  Someone who is familiar with DH's background and education is staffing a project and recognized that DH's unique background would be a perfect fit!  >>Happy Face<<  I can't elaborate on the whole situation yet because nothing is set.  God might still make clear to us that this is not the opportunity we need to pursue.  We are putting our faith in God to put us exactly where we need to be at exactly the right time.

For now though, it's hysterical to see how God seems to have set up the last 15 years of DH's life for exactly this project.  If he had made even ONE decision in the last decade-and-a-half differently we wouldn't be in a position to get excited over his prospective role in this project.  In the meantime, we would greatly appreciate each of you praying for the details to come.  Pray that God will (1) make clear His will for our family and (2) He will direct each decision we will need to make as things pan out.

#lampandlight Update

I did so much running around yesterday that for the first time in the last 21 days, I did NOT do my three chapters in Isaiah.  o.O  However, I did still read my bible because we had life group last night so we spent time in Mathew and Luke as a small group. So far, so good!  This scripture challenge has been so great for me and I was teasing Kristin (my friend who started the challenge) about how I was onto her "trick".  I know it takes 30 days to create a new habit, and there are 31 days in May!  Sneaky sneaky little lady she is!  I don't know about any of my other #lampandlight-ers but this is very much becoming a habit for me and one of the best kinds of habits to have! I also realized this morning that I only have today and tomorrow left in Isaiah before I begin reading Philippians and that's really exciting for me.  My dandelion crayon and I are ready though.

Isaiah 58-63


Have you ever known anyone who has fasted?  I've had some friends who've done the Daniel Fast.  I have friends who practice religions where fasting is a part of holidays or special traditions.  Personally?  The only time I've intentionally fasted is for bloodwork at the doctor's office!  What I find so interesting about fasting in the Bible is that the intention is to bring you closer to God by eliminating your distractions and focusing on Him alone.  At the start of Chapter 58, you hear about why fasting (up to this point) has been pointless for the Israelites.  Then God tells us what true fasting looks like:

Isaiah 58:6-7  The kind of fasting I want is this:  Remove the chains of oppression and the yoke of injustice, and let the oppressed go free.  Share your food with the hungry and open your homes to the homeless poor.  Give clothes to those who have nothing to wear, and do not refuse to help your own relatives...

9-11 If you put an end to oppression, to every gesture of contempt, and to every evil word; if you give food to the hungry and satisfy those who are in need, then the darkness around you will turn to the brightness of noon.  And I will always guide you and satisfy  you with good things.  I will keep you strong and well.  You will be like a garden that has plenty of water, like a spring of water that never goes dry.

I don't know about you, but I'd like to be a spring of water that never goes dry!  Yesterday during small group we talked about giving - financially, of yourself, of your things - just giving. I see that theme here too.  It's not so much about denying yourself for a period of time but being generous and merciful to others whenever possible.  Are we generous and merciful?  Not always and not apart from God.
------------------------------------------------
Since my internet for the desktop has gone down and the littles are starting to get a bit wild, that tells me I need to wrap this post up quick!  I encourage you to read these chapters and remember that God isn't ONLY talking to Israel or Jerusalem.  He is talking to you, just as plainly as if he picked up the phone and called you.  If Isaiah had room to address each of us by name, I'm sure he would have!


Jodi @ God Still Speaks

Head Writer

Boy mom of three. Married to the same man since 2002. Former working mom turned stay-at-home mom. I love my faith, family, and coffee.

2 comments:

  1. I will be praying over your DH's job situation. Congrats on your friend and her family on their new baby! I love and miss you all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you and thank you again! :) We miss y'all too, especially with your own addition on her way. Thankful for the internet so you don't seem as far away!

    ReplyDelete

Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests to made known to God. — Philippians 4:6