Lunching with God #lampandlight Day 16

by 5:36 PM 0 comments
12:45 p.m. - My routine was different this morning.  I had to get the little kids up earlier so they would nap before we had to take big brother to a doctor's appointment.   I ran some errands and then met some sweet friends at the park to wear all our kiddos out.  Guess what that means?  No reading my bible over my morning coffee.  I was swigging coffee between putting on clothes, finding shoes, and fixing car seats

What's awesome is that now I'm lunching with God. The littles are asleep and the only sounds in the house are my dishwasher and dryer.  Perfect time to get in some love letters from my Savior before crazy part two kicks off in epic style!  Picture it - two littles, one big kid, one plus size adult in a two-door coupe!  It's a crazy life, but it's so much fun!

6:52 p.m. - Wouldn't you know I got one chapter read when hubby comes in and I get distracted by him.  Now it's dinner time and I'm just finishing up my bible reading.  Dedication comes in many forms.  By the way, I met up with Jon Jon and MommaBear today at the park.  He's doing really great and even gets to eat real food!  Looks better than he has in quite a while.  Pretty soon he's going to have a therapeutic brace to help his knee condition so he won't need to use a wheelchair or crutches anymore.  It's amazing to see all that prayer can do!

7:28 p.m. - One chapter left!! Must.... finish... reading....


Day 16| Isaiah 46-48 | Selections from today's reading:

Isaiah 46:3 "... I have cared for you from the time you were born.  I am your God and will take care of you until you are old and your hair is gray.  I made you and will care for you; I will give you help and rescue you."

Isaiah 46:7 "They lift [idols] to their shoulders and carry it; they put i in place, and there is stands, unable to move from where it is.  If any pray to it, it cannot answer or save them from disaster."

Isaiah 47:8 "Listen to this, you lover of pleasure, you that think you are safe and secure.  You claim you are as great as God - that there is no one else like you.  You thought that you would never be a widow or suffer the loss of your children."

Isaiah 48:11 "What I do is done for my own sake - I will not let my name be dishonored or let anyone else share the glory that should be mine and mine alone."




Jodi @ God Still Speaks

Head Writer

Boy mom of three. Married to the same man since 2002. Former working mom turned stay-at-home mom. I love my faith, family, and coffee.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests to made known to God. — Philippians 4:6