2 Corinthians 1:3-4

by 6:01 PM 0 comments
Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our affliction, so that we may be able to comfort those who are in any affliction, with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God. 2 Corinthians 1:3-4
Do what!?  I know, there is a lot of "comfort" in that verse.  That's the English Standard Version - the version I like the best.  Here's the New Century Version translation that makes this verse a little easier on the brain:

Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ. God is the Father who is full of mercy and all comfort. He comforts us every time we have trouble, so when others have trouble, we can comfort them with the same comfort God gives us. 2 Corinthians 1:3-4

This is the verse that has been my go-to during the miscarriage.  I always believed that every experience that we have, before and after we accept the gift of salvation from Jesus, happens for a reason.  In my own life, I have found that the experience has allowed me to share testimony or comfort with someone who is going through that same situation or something similar.  I believe my heart has had to break for a reason; whatever that may be.

I was talking with probably my dearest friend on the planet today.  Someone who I have laughed and grieved with over the years.  It's funny how even though there are 500 miles between us, she knew I wasn't grieving the baby properly, and she knew someone had to say it to me.  I love her even more because she did.  I won't transcribe our whole conversation because you'd be reading for hours, but let's just say I realized some things.  A few I knew, others I didn't see coming at all, and a few points have left me to consider some possibilities.

© 2013 Skreened Ltd. unless otherwise
attributed, All Rights Reserved.
So what does that have to do with 2 Corinthians 1:3-4?  Because this friend has been grieved; more than her fair share if you ask me.  God has comforted her and today she comforted me in the same way.  I'm thankful because each day since we found out Blueberry got his wings, God has sent someone to comfort and encourage me.  A few days, God has even sent me toward someone broken-hearted so that I could provide His comfort to them.

If someone is on your heart today - let them know you're thinking of them.  You'll never know how much a random phone call, text message, post, tweet, smoke signal, carrier pigeon or telegraph will mean to them at that moment.

Jodi @ God Still Speaks

Head Writer

Boy mom of three. Married to the same man since 2002. Former working mom turned stay-at-home mom. I love my faith, family, and coffee.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests to made known to God. — Philippians 4:6