Blessings in the Storm

by 12:25 PM 1 comments
As some of you may remember, back in August I lost my car in an accident. Our finances sure did enjoy the break from a second car payment and insurance but dear husband (DH) had so many (valid)  reasons why we needed to get a second car. I have been trying to convince DH that we could be a one car family. Things were going well until the weekend Judgement House began at our church.  DH needed the car to get to/from work and I was going to be coming/going from Judgement House at the same times!  Thankfully, my church family is wonderful and within 24 hours I was able to arrange rides to/from Judgement House for all six days it runs!  Unfortunately, the whole scenario just made DH's case that we need to have a second vehicle.  I prayed about it - God, I don't know how we are going to afford a second car.  If we really need one, please make a way.  Otherwise, please help him see that we can live happily with one car.


It was the Saturday of Judgement House and I had just finished a tour.  My partner and I were headed back to our break room when a friend stopped me.  She pulled me aside and asked me about our car situation; so I explained.  Then she tells me she has a relative who is looking to get rid of a car; they asked her if she knew anyone and she thought of us. My friend explained she didn't know anything about the car, only that her relative wanted to DONATE it to someone who needed it.  Yeah, you read that right: D O N A T E!  Once I picked my jaw up off the floor I told her we're totally interested and my friend gave me her relative's information.

Thank you God!  I cannot believe you brought someone along who wants to just GIVE us a car!!  Things like that never happen to us!!  

On Monday, I called my friend's relative.  Originally they were going to donate the car to the Salvation Army, but the wife really wanted it to go to someone specific.  They wanted to know if we would be willing to meet them that next Saturday 1/2 way between our houses to pick up the car.  This was all happening so fast, I couldn't believe it.  I told her DH would have to help me confirm the arrangements but I didn't see an issue!  Since it hadn't been mentioned, I asked her what kind of car it was.... oh just a sporty little 2004 Chrysler Sebring.  I couldn't imagine DH turning all this down!

The Saturday after we lost Blueberry, DH and his friend drove 2 hours south to pick up the car.  DH said that the drive was good for him.  It's funny to me how driving has a way of helping people process things when they are going through struggles.  I understood how the drive down with his friend (who's always great in a crisis) was helpful, but the solo drive back helped DH a lot too.  I was thankful God gave him that opportunity to just be alone and process.

So introducing our "new to us" Sebring!  It may not be the prettiest car you've ever seen but it's beautiful to me!  A reminder that God loves us and when we walk in His will for our lives, he will meet every need.  Even vehicular ones.  :)


Jodi @ God Still Speaks

Head Writer

Boy mom of three. Married to the same man since 2002. Former working mom turned stay-at-home mom. I love my faith, family, and coffee.

1 comment:

  1. The car looks great! Congratulations! I'm so happy this worked out for your family. Love and miss you!

    ReplyDelete

Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests to made known to God. — Philippians 4:6