I Believe

by 9:48 AM 0 comments
God has called me to put this in writing so many times and I haven't wanted to.  It's too risquĂ©, I don't know where I stand, I don't have the power to write these kinds of words.  This morning, in response to a social media conversation, I wrote the following words.  They came fluidly and that means something to me.  Then I felt led to share them, felt the pull of this is what you are supposed to say.  So here they are... I'll lay my beliefs bare and pray they do God's will and not my own.

Since I identify as a born-again, Jesus following Christian, I want to clarify my position on the whole transgender thing [and really most of the hot-button issues in today's society]. I believe that the bible is the Word of God. I also believe that Jesus is the Son of God in fulfillment of the Old Testament scriptures. I do not believe that Jesus rescinds the Old Testament law, but fulfills the penalties for them; meaning we no longer have to offer sacrifices and burnt offerings to atone for our sins and do not require a priest to intercede on our behalf with God. Jesus Christ, the Word that breathed the world into creation and knit us in our mother's wombs, submitted Himself to God the Father, and lived 33 perfect years on Earth.  He was persecuted and crucified at the hands of the people as the ultimate sacrifice for every sin we ever have and ever will commit.  I believe Jesus rose from the dead in His same human body after three days to demonstrate His deity and triumph over death.  Jesus then ascended into Heaven to prepare for all those who believe in Him as Savior a place in Heaven.  He will return, once again triumphant, and bring with Him new Heaven and New earth.  Conquering Satan, the beautiful fallen angel who's laid claim to this world, once and for all.  This is the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

The bible that I believe contains the inspired Word of God has set forth laws; among which include stipulations about not identifying as a member of the opposite sex. (I just got scandalous, I know, lol). Having said that, I also know that the people who do identify as being transgender are not that much different from myself; they are a soul within a human vessel purposefully designed by our Creator. I do not understand their struggle, but I do recognize it is a deep struggle for them. I choose to look beyond the choices a person makes and focus on the soul beyond that. I know members of the transgender community and none of them pose a risk; in fact they are in fear of the repercussion of their personal choices - among which include being attacked/harmed for their choices.

I don't know if the laws being passed are good or bad in the eyes of God; but I do know that he told me that I still need to abide by them. I also know that my job is to share the Gospel of Jesus with the world. I cannot change hearts and minds, that is not within my power. What I can do is love unconditionally no matter who/what/where/when/how/why someone identifies they way that they do. I will not live my life in fear because of all the things my bible tells me to do - it's not to fear because God has already figured out all the details. Plus, it also says things are going to get worse before they get better, and that's OK because Jesus and I have already figured things out.

I know that my opinions are not popular to either side of the coin. I only know what I've searched out in the scriptures. At times, I feel as though I'm not doing my God due diligence. Others, I feel I am not doing this loving people thing due diligence. I tune myself to the call of the Holy Spirit, because honestly I have no clue 99% of the time.


Jodi @ God Still Speaks

Head Writer

Boy mom of three. Married to the same man since 2002. Former working mom turned stay-at-home mom. I love my faith, family, and coffee.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests to made known to God. — Philippians 4:6