Running For The Babies

by 10:50 AM 0 comments
If you've spent any time at all on this blog, you've noticed I have a huge heart for an organization called Hope Mommies.  If you grieve a small life, this organization is incredible and I encourage you to hook up with them.  Like them on Facebook, join the community, read the blog, hang out at the website and so much more!

Last year, the Dallas Chapter of Hope Mommies organized the first annual 5k in memory of our precious children in glory.  I wanted so badly to attend, but had a scheduling conflict.  Just this week, the Dallas Chapter posted the details for this year's run!  I was jumping out of my skin with excitement.  

The Facebook event page can be found by clicking: HERE 
You can register online by clicking: HERE

"Jodi - are you seriously going to attempt a 5k?"

YES!!  With every fiber of my being yes!!  I am already doing Couch to 5K (c25k) training with my oldest son.  He's so excited to be running in memory of his siblings and I'm loving the Mother-Son time we get doing it.  If you are interested in training for a 5k (or simply getting into the habit of exercising for FREE) here are some links for you:

  • Training program overview: The Couch to 5K ® Running Plan
    • Only eight weeks to go from couch potato to runner. It's an easy program to follow that builds you up gradually.  I plan to add weights to my run so I am always at the weight I am now, even when my body starts loosing it's own bulk.
  • Trainer app I'm using: C25K®
    • Turn it on, take off.  The voice prompts tell you everything to do as you go.  I never even have to look at my phone except to start/end my training session.  How simple is that!?
  • Christian themed workout playlists: Christian + Workout radio stations 
    • Everybody needs some tunes.  These may not be your style, but I'm really enjoying them.


Race, Sponsor, Donate

I would really like to have a group of 20+ people to love and support each other and Hope Mommies from all over not just Dallas-Fort Worth, but the whole state of Texas, and maybe even the country too!  You can run the actual race (which is what #1 and I are doing) or participate in a 1-mile walk (which is what Hubs is considering doing with #2&3).  #1 son and I are also willing to train with anyone who's interested.  There's nothing quite as motivating as doing something like this as a family.

I love that there are still ways to contribute to the event by donating for the silent auction or becoming a race sponsor.  Interested donors can send an email to monicakhirallah@gmail.com.  Interested sponsors should email dallas@hopemommies.org.

Race Details - 2nd Annual Hope Mommies 5k and 1 Mile Fun Run

Saturday, October 15 at 7 AM - 11 AM
University of Dallas
1845 E Northgate Dr, Irving, Texas 75062

Race Day Schedule:

  • 7:00 AM Walk-up Registration Opens
  • 8:00 AM Registration closes
  • 8:00 AM Opening Ceremony/Announcements
  • 8:15 AM 5K Runners start
  • 8:20 AM 1 Mile Walkers/Runners start
  • 9:15 AM Winners announced
    • Pending city permit approval, we will have a balloon release.
    • Alternatively, we will have a prayer and song honoring our babies.
  • 10:00 AM Silent Auction ends
  • 10:30 AM Silent Auction winners announced
  • Clean up to follow
Remember...
The Facebook event page can be found by clicking: HERE 
You can register online by clicking: HERE

Jodi @ God Still Speaks

Head Writer

Boy mom of three. Married to the same man since 2002. Former working mom turned stay-at-home mom. I love my faith, family, and coffee.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests to made known to God. — Philippians 4:6