A Prayer For You

by 10:39 AM 0 comments
A minute ago, I was sitting here trying to think of a blog topic.  In my mind I said "God, what am I supposed to write about today?  What would you inspire me with?" then as I scrolled through Facebook this verse appeared:

Philippians 4:6 is my all-time favorite.  Why?  Because it's actionable.  It's something I can do RIGHT NOW to commune with my God. When you regularly practice verse six you'll find that verse seven begins to take root in your life.  

This morning alone, I've prayed over my friends for many things - unspoken requests, health issues, anxiety over upcoming situations, pregnancies, losses, God winks, blessings fulfilled, and restorations in progress.  Sweet reader, I want to take a moment to pray over you.  Where you are, in this very moment:

Lord,
Thank you for another day I can use to do work for your glory.  Thank you for the time and technology.  Thank you for the individual reading these words today.  I may not know their story or struggle, but you do.  I pray that in this moment, they see and feel the peace you promise in verse seven.  I am asking you God, boldly, without fear, because of Jesus, to intervene on their behalf in this situation.  Our moments on earth seem so unsure, our steps unsteady.  Please meet these fears and concerns with abundant peace and confidence in you.  Pull back the veil and allow us, even if only for a moment, to see that you are sovereign and working.  Even through all of this chaos.  

It is in Jesus' name I pray these things, 
Amen.

Jodi @ God Still Speaks

Head Writer

Boy mom of three. Married to the same man since 2002. Former working mom turned stay-at-home mom. I love my faith, family, and coffee.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests to made known to God. — Philippians 4:6