Advent 12/2

by 11:55 AM 0 comments
All items in blue are from Carrie Pratt's Mentor Mom's materials and are used here with permission.

Day Two of the Mentor Moms Advent Celebration!  The Christmas lights are twinkling on the tree next to my desk and I have Christmas music playing on TV.  All I need is some snow on the ground and this would be a nearly-perfect moment!

Family Scripture Reading: 

John 1:9-12

"The true light that gives light to everyone was coming into the world . . ."...

Advent Activity:

Jesus is the Everlasting Light that came into the world as a gift to mankind. A fun way to tell your children about this is while trimming the tree and lighting the lights of Christmas. Let your child know that we put up Christmas lights to celebrate the fact that Jesus is the light of the world!

I'm a simple girl so moments like these bring me exceptionally deep joy.
You can check out my running list of Mentor Moms Advent Links throughout the Christmas season if you missed one or are joining us late

Jodi @ God Still Speaks

Head Writer

Boy mom of three. Married to the same man since 2002. Former working mom turned stay-at-home mom. I love my faith, family, and coffee.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests to made known to God. — Philippians 4:6