12/18-19 (Oops!)

by 12:38 PM 0 comments
All items in blue are from Carrie Pratt's Mentor Mom's materials and are used here with permission.

I posted on my personal Facebook last night and said, "Some days your brain and body tell you, in no uncertain terms, you're done for today. ‪#‎mommymeltdown‬ ‪#‎cantdoitall‬ ‪#‎exhausted‬"

I hit my wall of mentally, physically, emotionally, and spiritually exhausted by dinnertime.  I don't like that feeling, and it comes more often when I am in a hashimoto's flare (I have been battling one since late October).  My body is forcing me to do some self-care and I have to listen.  Here's how I combat the exhaustion....

Mentally -  make lists and don't overthink things.

Physically -  rest if/when I can, take plenty of breaks, SUPER HYDRATE, eat smart, C-O-F-F-E-E!!

Emotionally - music therapy and happy thoughts; this is when funny friends and quality Facebook feeds help a ton

Spiritually - scripture, scripture, scripture!  Dig into that favorite book of the bible.  Google passages to read when you are feeling [fill in the blank].  Do a devotional.  Then pray and mediate on what you've read.  Lay it all at the feet of Jesus and ask him to release you from managing this burden.

DECEMBER 18TH

Family Scripture Reading: 

Psalm 100:1-5

"Shout for joy to the Lord, all the earth. Worship the Lord with gladness; come before him with joyful songs."


Family Discussion Suggestion: 

Prepare your hearts to worship the Lord with joy and song at your local church tomorrow.

Advent Activity: 

Arriving shortly..... stay tuned!


DECEMBER 19TH

Family Scripture Reading: 

Mary's Song - Luke 1:46-56

"My soul glorifies the Lord and my spirit rejoices in God my Savior"

Family Discussion Suggestion: 

Discuss the faithfulness Mary must have had to fully accept what God wanted to do in her life. Are we willing to do the same?

Advent Activity: 

Song Writing

Today we read about Mary and her "song" or poem to the Lord. Ask your children to write one or two lines of praise to God and to Jesus for who they are and what they do in our lives. If they would rather, they can draw a picture expressing their praise. They can display their work of art (song or picture) on the fridge or hang it on the tree as keepsake ornament.













Jodi @ God Still Speaks

Head Writer

Boy mom of three. Married to the same man since 2002. Former working mom turned stay-at-home mom. I love my faith, family, and coffee.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests to made known to God. — Philippians 4:6