A Prayer of Thanksgiving

by 12:17 PM 0 comments

As I'm sitting here with what I assume to be a baby butt pushing and rolling around in my uterus it makes me wonder; how can a baby not be a living person until he or she is delivered?  Honestly, this little guy in my womb has just as much personality as his brothers.  He moves, reacts, and wiggles just like they do.  Just one of those passing thoughts I get sometimes as I try to enjoy the last few weeks of our pregnancy.  

Assuming all continues splendidly, our repeat c-section is six weeks away. When I'm not feeling well, that feels like an eternity.  When the anxiety creeps in or I think about how much is left on the pre-baby to-do list, it feels like no where near enough time.  God reminds me daily that he has already planned out the course for us.  He has gone far ahead and mapped out all the details in perfect harmony.

Whether my pregnancy health continues well or deteriorates, good weather or bad, ready or not I know the Creator who hung the stars has already worked out every moment in advance.  All I have to do is trust Him and know that whatever transpires, it is happening according to His plan.  That is what I have prayed for from Day 1 and that's all I can ask for.

As another hope mommy safely delivered her rainbow child this week, my heart was filled with thanksgiving yet again.  God doesn't always answer our prayers exactly in the way we'd want, but when He shows himself mightily, I cannot help but feel gratitude.  Babies seem like the most obvious sign of our creator.  I have come to understand the miracle necessary to simply get pregnant, but then to continue a pregnancy, and deliver a healthy child is a miracle.  

In light, my grateful heart has been enjoying this Psalm over and over lately as I revel in the glory of my Great Big God who I'm thankful to daily serve (even when I fail miserably).

Psalm 138 — A Prayer of Thanksgiving
1 I thank you, Lord, with all my heart;
   I sing praise to you before the gods.
2 I face your holy Temple,
   bow down, and praise your name
   because of your constant love and faithfulness,
   because you have shown that your name and your commands are supreme.
3 You answered me when I called to you;
   with your strength you strengthened me.
4 All the kings in the world will praise you, Lord,
   because they have heard your promises.
5 They will sing about what you have done
   and about your great glory.
6 Even though you are so high above,
   you care for the lowly,
   and the proud cannot hide from you.
7 When I am surrounded by troubles,
   you keep me safe.
   You oppose my angry enemies
   and save me by your power.
8 You will do everything you have promised;
   Lord, your love is eternal.
   Complete the work that you have begun.

Jodi @ God Still Speaks

Head Writer

Boy mom of three. Married to the same man since 2002. Former working mom turned stay-at-home mom. I love my faith, family, and coffee.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests to made known to God. — Philippians 4:6