Why I Keep Christmas Cards

by 10:31 AM 0 comments

I hope this post finds everyone relaxing from your Christmas festivities.  Whether you kept it low key or had a big blow out, I hope that you made memories and reflected on the gift given to us through the birth of Jesus Christ!

This morning I was sorting through the bits of paper and mail that accumulated on my desk.  Among them were Christmas and holiday cards from near and far.  I smile each time I look at the pictures, read the sweet notes, and take in the love sent with each card.  Then I ask myself, "Where will I put this one this year?"  That might seem like an odd question, but let me explain.

I started this tradition a few years ago.  I found that if I put the cards in a place where I'd see them often (maybe my vanity mirror or the door jamb for our bedroom) I would think of the senders often.  During the year, we all hit our rough patches and it's nice to be reminded from time to time to just pray for these people I hold dear during the year.  So when I see a the card, I think of that family, and I say a quick prayer for them as I continue on doing whatever I was headed to do.

Putting up my cards all year long became especially important to me when Adelynn's mommy was pregnant with her.  We all knew it would be a long journey for them.  Knowing how distracted I tend to be, I kept that card on my desk all year so I would remember to pray for them often.  It worked, so I've been doing the same with people's cards and photos ever since.

So if you ever walk into my house in August and wonder why there are Christmas card proudly displayed, now you know.

Jodi @ God Still Speaks

Head Writer

Boy mom of three. Married to the same man since 2002. Former working mom turned stay-at-home mom. I love my faith, family, and coffee.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests to made known to God. — Philippians 4:6