September #lampandlight Day 4

by 10:07 AM 0 comments
What about Day 3 you might ask?  Yeah, I fell off the wagon only three days in!  Every time I set my mind on reading, something happened that required my immediate attention.  (Dirty diapers wait for no wo-man!).  The wonderful thing about how I've structured my life is that I was still exposed to scripture throughout the day, so even when I'm running non stop, I still get hit with some scripture.

As you might have seen on the Facebook page, our friends lost their home and possessions in a fire yesterday.  I am fortunate to have never been through a fire, but I've been close enough to people who have to know the sense of loss is shattering.  Please be in prayer for this family as they work through the weeks and months to come.  Everyone was safe and they are staying with family nearby.  Our church family has rallied around them to try and meet as many needs as we can.  I ask that you lift them up today and ask God to respond to every need in abundance!  A fundraiser page has been set up and if you visit it,  you can see images of the damage the fire caused: http://www.gofundme.com/dzt0w4

For #lampandlight we're picking up where we left off; in Proverbs 14.  The last few days around here have been a test of our patience; so I was floored to read Homes are made by the wisdom of women, but are destroyed by foolishness.  Proverbs 14:1  First of all, I don't feel very wise most of the time.  I am so thankful that God has sent me so many friends who are wiser than I am.  Titus 2 talks about the older women teaching the younger women, and I'm thankful to have women in my life who will do just that.  I have reached out so many times with a need to be counseled in a Godly way.  Proverbs 14 hit several areas of my own foolishness over the years and I can see specific moments in my life where I have been on both sides of this verse - Wicked people bring about their own downfall by their evil deeds, but good people are protected by their integrity. Proverbs 14:32

I'm thankful that God has changed my heart and allowed me to learn lessons that have stuck with me over the years.


Jodi @ God Still Speaks

Head Writer

Boy mom of three. Married to the same man since 2002. Former working mom turned stay-at-home mom. I love my faith, family, and coffee.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests to made known to God. — Philippians 4:6