#lampandlight Day 8

by 8:52 AM 0 comments
I woke up to precious, wonderful rain pouring down this morning!  Every so often there is a gentle rumble of thunder to compliment the chatter of the littles morning play (which consists of jumping on old couch cushions).  Meanwhile, my dogs are not impressed in the least and have curled up as close to me as possible while I do my reading.  Did I mention these are NOT lap dogs?  Max is a 75lb yellow lab/German Shepard and Lucky is a 70lb pit bull mix.  o.O  Not that they care, every dog is a lap dog as far as they're concerned. I love these small moments where I am reminded of the abundant love God has blessed me with.  I'm sure by the end of the day I'll fight to remember how blessed I am when everyone has cabin fever.

Day 8 | Isaiah 22-24

What struck me first thing this morning was in 22:12 the people were called to "weep and mourn, to shave your heads and wear sackcloth."  When they did the opposite in verse 13, the Lord was very unhappy with them.  One of the things we discussed not only in my church small group on Tuesday, but also in our bible study chat last night was that God has given us our particular set of circumstances unique to us.  Some of us are called to endure hardships and long periods of suffering, but what remains true is that the people Saved through Jesus Christ have hope.  Hope that their circumstances are bringing about Glory to Christ.  Hope that they will be giving the provisions they need to make it another day.  Hope in knowing that even if the circumstances they are in end their Earthly lives, they will have Eternity in Heaven!

I could talk about Ch. 23 but I have to admit I was overwhelmed by Ch. 24!  Can we not see so much of this already happening in our modern day world?  Is our world not drying up with global warming as we speak?  Isn't our atmosphere decaying?  What's more isn't it pretty much our fault as humans?? Now you know why verse 5 hit me right between the eyes: The people have defiled the earth by breaking God's laws and by violating the covenant he made to late forever.  As usual, God knew what we would do and loves us anyway.  Reading the rest of this chapter you come to realize that it's only going to get worse before it gets better, but if you have read or studied the bible at all, you probably already know that.  THANK GOD THAT'S NOT HOW OUR STORY ENDS!!

It's not the best picture, but this is the best I could do to capture Max holding my bible for me as he cuddles as I do my reading.  Lucky was curled up to my side just out of view.  Sweet puppy moments.

Jodi @ God Still Speaks

Head Writer

Boy mom of three. Married to the same man since 2002. Former working mom turned stay-at-home mom. I love my faith, family, and coffee.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests to made known to God. — Philippians 4:6