Glory Story: The Server Book

by 5:17 PM 1 comments
Let's lighten things up a bit shall we?  That last post was depressing!

Our family was rolling along as well as we could.  We had found our groove and although we were exhausted - we knew we were exactly where God wanted us to be.  I cannot tell you how reassuring that is.  Despite not always knowing how we were going to pay bills or put gas in the car, God always made a way.

One particular week, the funds were low.  I worked hard that Tuesday night and made over $100, that was extremely rare for a weekday in the "off season".  We needed the tips from that night's shift to get us through the week. I had thrown everything in my trunk after my shift and started the 30+ minute drive home.  When I went looking for my stuff, I couldn't find my server book (with ALL my tip money), but I figured "I'm tired, it's dark; I'll grab it in the morning."

I went out to the car first thing in the morning and despite my husband, my Daddy (my folks were visiting) and I all searching the car & trunk - we couldn't find my server book.  I was sobbing, I felt like I had let my whole family down.  I know there was a lot of praying going on that morning.

I started calling the restaurant as soon as I knew people would answer.  I was praying someone had found my server book - but no. The day supervisor said she was going to put stuff in her car and would check the parking lot; I should call back in a little while.  I prayed hard ... God, please let the book be there, please let the book be there!  That's all the money we have to get us through this week.

A few minutes later the day supervisor called: She found my book!!!  It was out there!!  Right where I was parked!!  She said my server book was soaking wet (it had rained hard all night, I was probably lucky it didn't float away).  Despite the soggy book, she could see the money in there.




















That book and over $100 of cash money sat out for HOURS in a busy parking lot (my restaurant was by a 24hr gym so there were always people coming/going) and no one touched it!

I drove up at lunch that day to get the cash so we could pay our bills.  I think every co-worker at the restaurant was celebrating with me!!  I had never been happier to have a Heavenly Father looking out for my family!  A coworker heard me telling my story later that afternoon and she said "Now that's a glory story!"

Sure is.  :) 

Jodi @ God Still Speaks

Head Writer

Boy mom of three. Married to the same man since 2002. Former working mom turned stay-at-home mom. I love my faith, family, and coffee.

1 comment:

  1. Most certainly! That's amazing! I'm so glad nothing happened to it.

    ReplyDelete

Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests to made known to God. — Philippians 4:6