Philippians #lampandlight

by 9:14 AM 0 comments

Philippians 1-4


I just kept reading.  I originally had planned on only reading 1-3 (I had forgotten there were only 4 chapters in Philippians) but just kept going until next thing I know I was looking at Colossians!  It's funny how sometimes you just need to immerse yourself in the word.  I have so many things on my mind right now and I pray all the time about them. When I begin to doubt God or myself, I pray to be filled with the Spirit and banish the devil in the name of the Savior.

As I mentioned yesterday, I have been struggling for a while with myself.  Thankfully, Paul help to re-paint the lines on the road for me. I needed a reminder of what we are called to be as Christians; we will stumble and we won't always succeed, but we're never too broken that God can't use us!

Why we do what we do....

Philippians 1:6 - And so I am sure that God, who began this good work in you, will carry it on until it is finished on the Day of Christ Jesus.

Philippians 1:29 - For you have been given the privilege of serving Christ, not only believing in him, but also by suffering for him. 

Philippians 2:8 - "He was humble and walked the path of obedience all the way to death - his death on the cross."

How we do what we do....

Philippians 2:1 - "... You have fellowship with the Spirit, and you have kindness and compassion for one another."

Philippians 2: 3 - "... be humble toward one another, always considering others better than yourselves."

Philippians 2:14 - "Do everything without complaining or arguing."

Philippians 3:13-14 - "... forget what is behind me and do my best to reach what is ahead. So I run straight toward the goal in order to win the prize, which is God's call through Christ Jesus to the life above."

Philippians 4:6-7 - "Don't worry about anything, but in all your prayers ask God for what you need, always asking him with a thankful heart.  And God's peace which is far beyond human understanding, will keep your hearts and minds safe in union with Christ Jesus."

Philippians 4:12 - "I know what it is to be in need and what it is to have more than enough.  I have learned this secret, so that anywhere, at any time, i am content..."

Next up?  Galatians!


Jodi @ God Still Speaks

Head Writer

Boy mom of three. Married to the same man since 2002. Former working mom turned stay-at-home mom. I love my faith, family, and coffee.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests to made known to God. — Philippians 4:6