Bear One Another's Burdens

by 6:32 PM 0 comments
That was the title staring me in the face when I opened Galatians 6 (where I left off in my blogging the bible endeavor).  I have such a testimony unfolding about reaching out to your church family when you are in need and being supported prayerfully, lovingly all along the way.  I cannot wait to tell you about it, but that's another post for another day.  For now, let's conclude our walk through Galatians!

Galatians 6


If you read back to Galatians 5, Paul was addressing acts that the Galatians were being led to believe would make them righteous in the eyes of God.  In Galatians 5, Paul explains why that doesn't work out well and in Galatians 6 he explains what righteousness should actually look like in our daily lives:

Verse 1: Correct each other, gently, but don't get so focused on what everyone else does wrong that you totally miss where you have gone/are going astray

Verse 2: Be supportive of each other.  The Christian life did not promise us a rose garden (to steal an old USMC adage), but it does promise us a walk with the Creator and that's worth the thorns to me!

Verses 3 & 14: Remember that all things are possible through Christ, not through our own doing.  Keep that in perspective.

I could go on, but then I'm not encouraging you to read through this particular chapter on your own.  Comment here or on Facebook and tell me what stood out to you?  How should the Christian life REALLY look from the outside in?

Jodi @ God Still Speaks

Head Writer

Boy mom of three. Married to the same man since 2002. Former working mom turned stay-at-home mom. I love my faith, family, and coffee.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests to made known to God. — Philippians 4:6