Don't Get Comfortable!

by 7:16 PM 0 comments
In this in-between time, I've really just enjoyed what has felt like rewards for being so faithful that God was going to work out the details.  I told a dear sister-friend it felt self-centered to say that, but she reminded me that God does reward us for our faithfulness.  I had forgotten about that promise, and I felt better.  It also lead me to read Psalm 18, particularly verses 19-24.  I feel like I completely understand where the Psalmist was coming from as he/she/they/whoever wrote these words....

19 He brought me out into a broad place;
    he rescued me, because he delighted in me.
20 The Lord dealt with me according to my righteousness;
    according to the cleanness of my hands he rewarded me.
21 For I have kept the ways of the Lord,
    and have not wickedly departed from my God.
22 For all his rules[c] were before me,
    and his statutes I did not put away from me.
23 I was blameless before him,
    and I kept myself from my guilt.
24 So the Lord has rewarded me according to my righteousness,
    according to the cleanness of my hands in his sight.
I also know that these periods of calm floating are going to eventually be bombarded by wind, rain, and whatever else the Lord sees necessary to send your way to get you to the next place you need to be.  I just wanted to take it all in while I could (hence the lack of posts).  Last weekend I was able to take my wonderful husband on a surprise getaway for our 11th anniversary.  Our marriage has been through a lot over this last decade and change.  With all the last year has brought our way, it was time for us both to unplug.  Despite planning the trip since June, he didn't figure it out until over an hour into the drive.  I made all the plans, packed all the bags/food, and made all the arrangements without him knowing - it was FANTASTIC!  I have so many pictures to share but I need to put them in an album first.  For now, enjoy this video I shot of an evening thunderstorm we were able to enjoy.

If you need a quiet place to getwaway - get in touch with Sandy and Jeff Mackey, Email: tricklecreekcabins@gmail.com, Phone: 254-396-0000.  At the ranch there are miles of trails you can walk, a private fishing hole with bass and perch (I almost caught one!), and lots of animals (horse, peacocks, herd of cattle, wild turkeys and hummingbirds). Plus each cabin has Satellite TV and DVD player, full kitchen, horseshoes setup in the back, and private hot tub. Each cabin has a hummingbird feeder too - I got so many great shots I was able to build a great animated GIF, check it out!  HUMMINGBIRDS!!

We got back and I've been working to find my groove ever since.  It's hard to be so refreshed and relaxed and come back to the grind.  Of course, I kind of felt like the routine we were settling into wasn't going to last for long and I think I know why now.... more on that to come!

Jodi @ God Still Speaks

Head Writer

Boy mom of three. Married to the same man since 2002. Former working mom turned stay-at-home mom. I love my faith, family, and coffee.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests to made known to God. — Philippians 4:6